I never seem to get on board like I want to with the whole ‘seasonal’ activities and sometimes I do feel like I’m missing out a little. I don’t want that to be the case this year so I have created an Autumn bucket list to make sure I get all of those seasonal activities ticked off!
- Have a pumpkin spice latè – can you really get through the festive season without a Starbucks classic? I’ve tried one once but since I’m not a big coffee drinker I wasn’t much up for it, this year I’m going to get into coffee and embrace the drink.
- Watch a spooky movie – I’m a complete wuss so I’m talking Halloweentown or a similar Disney movie but I’m all for getting in the spirit!
- Bake fresh bread – I love to bake but I’ve never made bread so it’s on the list of things to try for sure! I just need to decide what type to try…
- Drink hot chocolate under the stars – What better way to spend an evening than with a warm cup of hot chocolate in the garden looking up at the stars, even better if you have someone to spend it with.
- Bake an apple crumble – I have so many good memories of homemade apple crumble so it’s on the list of things that I must learn before I have my own kids!
- Donate to charity – I want to put together some little gift packages for homeless people and those in need. If you have any experience doing this or ideas of where to donate them please let me know.
- Take photos in the leaves – Is there a more autumnal photo than one of you play around with the fallen leaves!
- Make an autumn wreath – This is so Pinterest and unnecessary but they look amazing!
- Go apple picking – I’m not sure if you can even do this in the UK, you must be able to but this just sounds like the most exciting date idea, especially if you follow it up with apple crumble baking!
- Burn candles – I’m a massive candle lover and there’s nothing that thrills me more in the colder months than lighting up a candle and snuggling with a cosy blanket watching Netflix.
- Make pumpkin soup – Another one that my mum always used to make when we were kids, this is my go-to homemade soup!
- Carve a pumpkin – The last time my boyfriend and I carved pumpkins I was actually so proud of our attempt and I can’t wait to give it another go!
- Go camping – This one is already booked in, I did it last year and I hope to make it a tradition but I just love a weekend camping trip with my friends!
- Take sparkler photos – I’ve always been terrified of sparklers but I want to conquer this fear and take some awesome photos!
- Make smores – There is no yummier autumn treat than smores and I can’t wait to toast marshmallows and make the best smores.
- Cook ‘thanksgiving’ dinner – We don’t really do Thanksgiving over here in the UK but I want to get all my friends and family together and cook a yummy dinner and remind everyone how thankful I am to have them!
- Wear a cozy scarf – Scarves are my favourite autumn accessory and I can’t wait to grow my collection this year!
- Send gratitude cards – I am so lucky to have some of the most amazing people in my life and I want to let them know who they are so I plan to make some gratitude cards and write to all of my friends and family to let them know how special they are.
What are you most excited to do this autumn?
Love, Alice x
Download bucket list here: autumn bucket list